Why the 11-inch MacBook Air is my favourite

 Why the MacBook Air 11 inch is my favourite

If you follow my rants on Let's Talk iOS, you know that there's a running joke about how often I change my mind. I've used an iMac, a MacBook Pro, another iMac, a MacBook Air, a Retina MacBook Pro, and another MacBook Air 11 inch in the last two years. You don't need me to tell you that's crazy and probably not a good way to live your life.


But I've settled. I've chosen the machine that will work for me. The 11-inch MacBook Air is that machine. It's the Haswell processor in the MacBook that makes the battery last so long. This is the best computer for me, and you can trust me on that. It's probably also the best computer for you, but you don't know it yet.


Three very important things



With a good computer, you can get work done. Not just editing text or writing blogs, but real jobs. I'm talking about editing photos and videos and playing games a little bit. I'm talking about web design, podcasting, and graphic design. Even though this MacBook Air isn't very powerful, it can do all of those things, and it can do them surprisingly well.




Another big issue for me is portability, and if I had to guess, it's probably an issue for you, too. The 11-inch MacBook Air is the most portable Mac you can get. I won't give you weight and size numbers, but if you've ever held a MacBook

Air, you know I'm telling the truth. You would have a hard time finding a computer, Mac or not, that can compete in this area.



The battery life is my last need. Obviously, this doesn't matter for desktop computers like the iMac. But for new laptops, it's become their defining feature, something that really sets them apart from laptops of the past. Battery life is no longer this dark cloud that seems to be following you around. For the first time since laptops came out, I feel comfortable leaving the house with a fully charged device and knowing that it will last 9 hours.



Compromise Also known as the Mac with the bad screen


The 11" MacBook Air is the best laptop for me for the reasons listed above, but there's more to the story than just weight, battery life, and performance. As longtime users, I think we take for granted the device's full-size keyboard and trackpad. I still can't believe you can carry around a "real" computer in such a small package.


I just started making podcasts, and I've found that it's a great machine for the job. It has a lot of power and is also very quiet, which makes it great for podcasting. I'm not just talking about the quiet fans that are barely audible when working on a task that uses a lot of processing power; I'm also talking about the low decibel keyboard.


The quality of the screen is the only thing I really don't like about the MacBook Air line. Even though that might be a deal-breaker for people who care most about screen quality, I can live with it. That's not to say it's not annoying. The screen on the MacBook Air is almost awful. It has terrible angles, and you can't colour it to make it sound better. Don't be fooled by the beautiful screen on the Retina MacBook Pro. It makes the screen on the MacBook Air look even worse.

 

See Also : Apple MacBook Air (1-inch, 2011) Review



This is the one thing I think the MacBook Air does very badly at. Even the first version of the device wasn't very good when compared to other laptops in this area.


Even though the screen is terrible, I still love my MacBook Air. Screen quality isn't as important as the other things I mentioned: battery life, performance, and shape. I'm going to wait until Apple updates its MacBook Air line with a better screen, which I hope will be sooner rather than later. Until then, I don't mind that the MacBook Air's screen isn't as good so I can use its other good features.

But Jeff, you can't really work on that!


I've been hearing this argument for a while, especially since I showed you all how my office is set up. But you should know that the 11-inch MacBook Air is used for real work. In fact, I used my MacBook Air to write this post. On this computer, I do graphic design, render videos from Final Cut Pro X, and bounce podcasts that are an hour long from Logic Pro X. Many of these things can be done while you're out and about, away from an outlet.


Any tool can be used to do real work. If you have the right workflow and motivation, you can do real work on an iPad or iPhone. Working on my MacBook Air doesn't feel like much of a trade-off. I feel like I get more done because there are fewer things to stop me. There's no huge 27-inch screen that you can fill with apps. The MacBook Air only has so much screen space, so I have to pay more attention to what's important. You could say that's a cop-out to make up for the Air's flaws, but I think it's a real benefit.


I haven't come across a task where I've thought, "I can't do this, this MacBook Air just isn't good enough." I don't think that will ever happen, because it never has. I think the MacBook Air, especially the 11-inch version, is the perfect computer. It has the right amount of everything I care about. Don't pass up the chance to use one of the best computers ever made if you haven't already.


Pros of the MacBook


MacBook Air is good for the environment and can be recycled.


The 2018 version of the MacBook Air is completely green, so if you care about the environment and want to help it, you should buy this laptop. The edge of the well-known laptop is thin because it is made from 100% recycled aluminium. You will always have the "feel good factor" of helping the environment.

(1) Retina Display Is Brilliant


The impressive display has a high resolution of 2560x1600 and 4 million pixels, which makes it sharp and beautiful to look at. It has 48% more colours than the model that came before it. The text is very clear and easy to understand. The screen's borders are 50% thinner, and it gives a great viewing experience.

Keyboard from the latest generation with a Force Touch trackpad.


Even though there aren't a lot of problems with the MacBook keyboard, there are still a lot of people who love it. Because the touch bar is different, it gives you more room for the other keys. Even though it may take some time to get used to the new layout, people really like it because the keys aren't loud.


Now there's a small change, which some people may again see as a trick. The new MacBook Air doesn't have a touch-sensitive screen. Instead, the trackpad has been made bigger and now measures 4.7" x 3". This makes the device very easy to use.


(2) Safety through Touch ID


The Touch ID feature on the new MacBook Air 2018 is great. Your fingerprint is turned into a password by a small sensor. Here, Touch ID is used not only to unlock your MacBook Air, but also to protect your documents and other settings on your computer. Even when shopping online with Apple Pay, this fingerprint sensor can be used to confirm the payment.


(3) The Less Heavy One


The new MacBook Air is very light and only weighs 1.25 kg, which is the same as three iPhones. It's easy to carry around.

Great Battery Life It's a powerhouse and the battery life is great. The 2018 model of the MacBook Air has the longest-lasting battery of all the models. It has a battery life of 12 to 13 hours.



Cons of the MacBook


The cons of the MacBook Air are all based on what Apple users have said about it. Not Good Enough .




The new MacBook Air has some extra features that make it stand out, and since it has more features, it costs more. The most up-to-date model starts at Rs. 1,14,900. MacBook Air costs 84,900 for a 13-inch screen that isn't Retina. Due to increased demand, the price of the whole line of MacBook Airs went up to $1199 around the world.


(1) Not enough room to store things


Even though it costs more, there isn't enough storage space. Only 128 GB SSD come with the base model. If you take a lot of pictures or need to store a lot of videos, you won't have enough space. But here's the twist: Apple MacBook Air can be a good choice for people who store their files in the cloud. Still, you have to get an external hard drive if you need more space.


(2) Upgrades to hardware are limited


The new 2018 model of the MacBook Air doesn't have a lot of room for hardware upgrades. The parts of the processor and the memory are soldered together on the same circuit. Before you buy it, you can change things like the memory, processor, and storage, but you can't do that afterward.


Conclusion


After weighing the pros and cons of the MacBook Air, we came to the conclusion that the latest model is a good buy for college students and professionals who want a slim model with better visibility. It's not for heavy users who need more data storage and processing power. The 2018 MacBook Air 11 inch has a lot of cool features that make it stand out. Apple series are always more expensive than other brands on the market. However, Apple has a huge brand value, so people who love Apple and are crazy about the brand should definitely buy this.


Still, you might run into problems while using your MacBook Air. If that happens, you can call the nearest authorised service centre for help. Here are some things to think about before hiring someone to fix your MacBook:

You should know how the service centre is known and what people say about it.

You should find out what kinds of services they offer.


Make sure that the staff and technicians are knowledgeable about the product and have a lot of experience with it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google Pixelbook 12in Review — Is it Worth the Price?

What is Y2mate?

Lenovo ThinkPad e585 Laptop - A Detailed Review